apprentice - display and print
Our busy client in Hertford is looking for their next Apprentice.
The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of large format
printing, sign making and general graphics. Applicants must be
flexible, versatile and practical with excellent attention to detail.
You will learn how to operate various items of large format printing
and finishing equipment such as flat and reel fed printers, cutting
tables and laminators, as well as indoor and outdoor sign making,
vehicle livery and much more.
As well as demonstrating the ability to work well on your own you must
be willing to contribute to the team effort meeting deadlines and
achieving quality standards.
You qualifications will be provided by the British Printing Federation
(BPIF) and involves on job learning, along with training sessions
provided on-site by the BPIF for each module of your progressive
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting a long term career within the Print and Display
key account and operations manager
required for our client based in Hertford. The role covers two areas:
Key Account Management
- To manage the day to day client and account management for one of the key accounts
- To manage the service provision given to clients including implementation, support and warehouse personnel
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Day to day account management via email, face to face and telephone
- Manage communication between client and internal teams
- Organise client meetings including agenda and personnel
- Document and manage client requests effectively
- Carry out day to day management of teh contract
- Manage and refine processes
- Provide constructive feedback
- Create and manage a weekly report on project activity for management
- Manage end of month invoicing and other issues relating to financial operation
- Manage service provision
- Refine operations as required
- Liaise between the implementation, support, accounts team and production team
This is a temporary role leading to a possible permanent position. Full time, 40 hours per week with an immediate start
customer service executive
required to develop a culture of
customer service through timely and thorough handling of queries.
Working in a fast paced environment to help customers over the phone,
email, live chat or social media going the extra mile to provide an
excellent customer experience.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Answer customer support messages across different channels promptly to enhance the customer service experience
- Patiently listen attentively to the customer and provide a quick response / resolution
- Excellent product knowledge to be able to answer any questions about products and assist through the buying process
- Quickly learn the functions to log-in and respond to customer complaints
- Accurately record and log interaction with customers and update account, be able to create reports for management
- Keep sensitive information and financial information confidential
- Work with management to maintain best practices for efficient communication with customers
- Knowledge of updates, company rules and policies to address issues such as returns
- Willing to learn from management to maintain best practices for efficiently communications with customers
- Knowledge of updates company rules and policies to address issues
such as returns, faulty merchandise, wrong delivery and delayed
delivery to inform customers
- Contribute to bottom line sales by increasing customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills, Customer service support
experience, Excellent listening skills, Results driven, Team player,
Able to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure, Attention
- Fast learner, Engaging personality, Problem solver, Analytical,
Patient, Skilled typist, Multi tasking, Able to prioritise and an
excellent phone etiquette.
This is a full time permanent position, working 11am - 7pm, will also include weekends either 9am - 5pm or 11am - 7pm.
required for our busy client based in Hoddesdon.
The purpose of the role is to ensure good, clean and easily located and
identified stock is stored and available within the warehouse across
the range of products the Group distributes. To ensure picking and
packing targets are achieved and all goods are correctly dispatched in
a timely manner via the company's preferred couriers or Royal Mail,
making sure goods in and out are recorded and stored on the Company's
Skills and experience required:
- Support the Technical Product Specialist team in servicing the needs of the customer and locate items of stock on request
- Receive goods in from agents, royal mail, couriers,and other freight forwarders
- Accurately book in goods, including quality checking against
received-in documentation - highlighting errors or discrepancies to the
- Undertake the booking and processing of the Company's 3rd party couriers documentation
- Co-ordinate transportation, packaging and time of arrival of merchandise for all company exhibitions and trade shows
- Accurately achieve the Company's picking and packing targets
- Adherence to and knowledge of appropriate Health and Safety legislation and requirements within a warehouse environment
- Maintain basic warehouse hygiene and compliance and Health and Safety requirements
- Safe use of ladders and other equipment
- Regular stock takes
- General warehouse duties
- Previous work experience within a warehouse / distribution environment
- Hard working, punctual, reliable and dedicated
- Must be physically fit and able to lift boxes
- Experienced in using computerised inventory and shipping / receiving software preferred
- IT literate
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Fork lift, Bendi truck and /or Gas counter balance licence a distinct advantage
- Driving licence preferred but not essential
required to assist senior members of staff
with cases as well as taking ownership of their own caseload from the
point of instruction to conclusion and closure. You will be working on
both paralegal and enforced stage files.
You will be responsible for keeping the filing system up to date and
organising all correspondence, documents, notes and dates on your files
whilst keeping within a 2 day window for dealing with all incoming
correspondence and emails.
- Carry out conflict checks and prepare and send CFA's
- Prepare claim forms and issue them to court
- Answer all incoming calls
- Respond to incoming emails and drafting outgoing emails
- Liaise with clients, defendants, lenders, courts and other parties
- Preparing witness statements, affidavits and other documents
- Reviewing files for enforcement action and advising clients on the best course of action
- Meeting with clients, lawyers and other professionals to talk about case details
- Filing pleadings at Court and tribunals
- Ensure all key dates are recorded in the Outlook shared calendar
- Help prepare for trial by organising exhibits and assisting with other tasks as required
- Searching public records and other resources to prepare cases
- Produce reports as requested by the Manager
- Write articles on legal development
- To provide a high quality legal service to the firm's clients
- To comply with solicitor's Regulation Authority (SRA) requirements
- Comply to quality and performance standards
- To contribute to the growth and development of the team and firm
- To mentor and assist other members of staff as required
- Develop and maintain good client relationships and ensure
services are provided in a timely fashion and the client is informed
regularly on progress and costs
- To achieve agreed service levels, personal appraisal targets as agreed by the Manager
This is a permanent role, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm with 30 minutes
lunch. This is a very busy, demanding environment where you will be
required to manage your own workload, cope well under pressure and hit
the ground running. You will be educated to degree level and preferably
have worked in a Solicitor's firm. Immediate start.
test and repair operatives
Our forward thinking client based in
Harlow are extremely busy and have new and exciting opportunities to
join the team. The company refurbish and repair consumer electronics
and are offering temporary - possible permanent roles working Monday -
Friday 7.30am - 4.30pm
- Must be competent with using small hand tools
- A keen eye for detail
- Self motivated to achieve targets
- Comfortable using a PC - recording each processed unit to update stock holdings
- Testing to ensure units are fully functional
- Good written and spoken English
The client offers hands on trial mornings which you can attend to be
considered for the job as well as giving you the opportunity to see if
you would like to work there. Immediate start for a company that takes
pride in looking after their employees.
Based in Hoddesdon our client is a large, well
established organisation who are looking for full time Assembly
workers. They have a passionate approach and are committed to making a
difference with solutions, products and performance all powered by
their workforce. To continually meet the very high standards they set
they only employ the best people. They require practical, methodical
applicants with an interest in electrical / mechanical work. Experience
in a manufacturing environment would be useful although training will
be provided. There is a great opportunity to learn new skills for
practical minded applicants.
You will be using hand tools, drills, riveters, screwdrivers etc and
previous experience would be advantageous. Team work as well as working
using your own initiative is essential.
Full or part time opportunities available. Permanent position with an immediate start.
We have openings with clients in the local area for Accounts,
Administration, Sales, Warehouse, Assembly, General Assistants,
Catering and Cleaning staff. Register your details with us and lets try
and get you back into work!
Own transport useful for some clients.
HGV CLASS I DRIVERS
Required urgently for delivery/collections of pallets covering North / West London.
Full / Part time positions available - week days / weekends
- Full, clean C + E Class 1 licence required
- Must be over 25 with at least 2 years driving experience
- Digi card and up to date driver CPC
- Good understanding of driver hours and regulations
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Flexible approach to work
- Yard based in Enfield Jc 25 off the M25
Plenty of overtime and bonuses available.
care and support workers (adult and children)
Our client is
based in Much Hadham has exciting new opportunities for Care and
Support Workers to help residents to live as independently as possible
in well equipped on site bungalows. The site is situated within 68
acres of parkland and they support people with Epilepsy and other
complex needs from the age of 5 through to 78 within their school,
children's home, Residential home and Nursing and Day centre. The team
assist with leisure activities such as horse riding and swimming,
alongside general domestic duties and personal care.
Successful candidates don't need experience in care but will need to be
dedicated, caring and passionate about people. On site training staff
will support you to achieve recognised qualifications in Adult and
Childcare. You must have excellent communication skills, patience and
the motivation to support others.
The role is offered on a full, part time or causal basis with a mixture of early, late and weekend shifts.
A competitive salary is offered with generous staff benefits.
Offers of employment will be subject to pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS check paid for by the employer.
Salary will be Dependant on the role, qualifications and experience. Due to location own transport is essential.
have you found yourself looking for work?
We continue to supply lots of temporary staff and we usually have
suitable candidates registered to fill these positions. This means you
need to register with us so that we can give you the opportunity to
apply. A lot of vacancies require immediate starts and this is
why we don't show all new roles on this page but recent requests have
been for: Administation, Reception, Book Keeping, Accounts, Call centre, Warehouse, Production, Testing and Farm help